Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Thread Holder

This thread holder has been on my to-do list for awhile. The inspiration for it came from a blog post I saw awhile, but I can't find it anymore  :(  The blogger used a picture frame, replaced the glass with a piece of wood and mod-podged some pretty scrapbook paper over it. She then put in some nails like I did to hold the spools. If anyone knows the post I'm talking about let me know so I can update this post! 

While I was searching I found a couple that were similar to the original one I saw, but that used dowel sticks drilled into the wood instead of nails. Dowel rods might have been a good idea for me 'cause as you can see from all the crooked nails my hammering skills need some work haha

My intent was to use a frame like the original blogger did, but I didn't like the ones I found at the thrift store. I decided I'd have to get a piece of wood anyway, so why not just skip the frame all together? I used some scrap wood I had around the house, painted it green and put in some nails. Easy Peasy!


I'm linking up to Tea Rose Home's Link Party



No comments:

Post a Comment