Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WIP - Rag Quilt

A couple years ago when I was visiting at home my mom gave me the fabric and showed me how to make a rag quilt.  I got all the blocks cut, stacked and about half quilted during that visit. I brought them back home and they sat in my closet til last winter when I pulled them out and finished quilting the blocks. I laid them all out on the floor but never quite got to piecing them, and eventually had to pick them back up to get them out of the way. I'm finally working on it again though! I have all the pieces up on my design wall, and I have a few of the squares sewn together so far. After that all I have to do is cut and wash it!


Here's a closeup of two of the blocks....


And the reverse side


This quilt is so thick, warm and soft, it'll be great to have for next winter!

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesdays at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

  1. I love rag quilts! I've done 3 of them so far - one as a wedding gift (homespun fabrics) and one for each of my kids in flannel. Some day I might even make myself one - I have enough homespun fabric for one of my own.
    Yours is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete